Wednesday 14 December 2011

Improvements in Magazine

Last week I presented my School Magazine to my Sixth form colleagues and my teacher. I showed them my Magazine and what I initially tried to do, who my audience was and what research I did in order to do my magazine. I told them that i wanted to appeal to not just sixth formers but to lower end students as well, by having a picture of both a sixth former and a student in a lower year. I used a different type of color scheme i decided to go with blue and red text . They have a lot to say about my Magazine, some good and, some to improve on. The feedbacks i got from my peers were:

What was Good about It:
- They liked the the title, they thought the title was eye catching
- They liked the advertisement I had at the bottom, such as the Prince's trust etc,
- They thought the color scheme made it quite clear on what Harris this issue was about.
- They liked the mid shot picture of the two students.

Improvements

- They thought the text was a bit muddled up and that I should have put the text, where it doesn't cover the models face.
- They thought that I should have added a Barcode it will would have looked more like a magazine.
- They thought that I should have had something that indicates that this is from Harris Beckenham because it might confuse some readers especially Parents.
- They thought Text was a bit too big



From the comments I gathered from my colleagues, I now see that I will hopefully in the future use a barcode to make it clear to people that this is initially a magazine, as it would give a more professional look on my magazine. I will definitely reduce the text so tat it is not too big and it is not too small.

In order to make this happen I will need to read more magazine such as KERRANG!, NME and The Source etc. This will help me plan ahead since I have to make a music magazine for my coursework, I can research and brainstorm more ideas to put on my magazine. I will definitely take these comments and put them to my Magazine and this will hopefully make my skills improve in making a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment